5 Cars I’m Looking Forward To At The 2016 Canadian International AutoShow
The AutoShow season is upon us and there has been a lot of buzz in the automotive world. With Faraday Futures hitting the scene, Chevrolet revealing the Bolt at CES, while Infiniti, Alfa Romeo and other manufacturers taking the wraps off projects at the North American AutoShow in Detroit earlier this month. There is quite a bit to look forward to seeing this year.
The 2016 Canadian AutoShow officially kicks off this Friday, February 12. Here is a list of some cars I anticipate seeing at this year’s Toronto AutoShow:
- Ford Focus RS – Sure, Ford is likely going to have a Ford GT on display, and it’s cool and all, but the Ford Focus RS is something to drool over. For the first time in over five years Ford is bringing back the RS marque. What makes this RS even more special is that it will be shared throughout the world and not be limited to Europe. Boasting 350HP and 350lb-ft of torque being driven by an all-wheel drive system this car isn’t something to be messing with. Although it is priced a bit high at around $46,000CAD it isn’t necessarily something unattainable by the average Joe.
- Fiat 124 Spider – Along with being a big Ford Fanboy I’ve got a weak spot for the Mazda Miata. This year at the LA AutoShow Fiat unveiled the Fiat 124 Spider. With this the first model of its kind from the manufacturer in 30 years. It shares platforms with the new Mazda Miata but features some Italian styling. With the Fiat weighing in a bit heavier than the Miata it is 5-inches longer and some distinct differences include the rounder headlights, the rectangular taillights and the humps on the hood that were on the original Fiat Spyder. They say Miata is always the answer and perhaps seeing this car in person will make me reconsider.
- Chrysler Pacifica – For those who haven’t been keeping up with the brand, in 2017 Chrysler is ditching the Town Country and replacing it with the new Pacifica. Previously the Pacifica was what Chrysler called a “sport tourer.” For 2017 the Pacifica is back as a minivan. That’s right, lets get rid of the stigma attached with minivans right now because I absolutely adore how this thing looks. The interior is nothing to brag about but the exterior styling has got me hooked. I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves and if you’re not a fan then I don’t know what’s wrong with you.
- Chevrolet Bolt EV – Although there are already a variety of electric vehicles on the market, none have been as affordable with such a high-range then the Chevrolet Bolt EV. Other than the Model S and Model X from Tesla there hasn’t really been any other car to come close when it comes to travel distance on a single charge. While the Model S can get over 435km on a single charge all other electric vehicles on the market top out at 150km, with most being hybrid and not truly electric. Offering great design queues inside and out the Chevrolet Bolt EV is definitely a car to look forward to seeing.
- Audi A3 e-tron – Alright, to be honest I’m mainly interested in seeing this car because Audi is doing test drives at the AutoShow. But this is a pretty interesting car. It is a hybrid car offering a range of 25 to 27km. Audi says this is perfect because the average American commutes only 14km. Unfortunately for me, my commute is 23km one way.